So, remember that insane pasta recipe from last week?Well, I decided to take it to the next level and re-purposed the leftovers into this crazy delicious grilled cheese sandwich. Because, let’s be honest, weeknight meals are all about taking what you have on hand and making something incredible!
Before I get into all of the amazing details of this grilled cheese, I figured I should give you guys a quick update. While the files from my hard drive have yet to be recovered, I did get to spend the weekend with my in-laws and it was SO much fun! We shopped, did some sight-seeing and basically had the best time, ever! It definitely helped to offset the terrible luck we have been having, lately. And I can already tell, this week is going to be good.
Alright, back to this sandwich. If you remember from Friday’s post, the pasta takes about 20 minutes to throw together (and it’s all in one-pot) but you can really use any extra pasta you have on hand to make this!
Sure, it may be a bit of a carb overload, but it’s Monday so that means we’ve all earned a little indulgence! To make this, simply split a loaf of ciabatta in half (I suck at cutting, so I had the baker at Whole Foods do it for me! Thanks, man) then drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, top with the leftover pasta of your choice then sprinkle a generous helping of cheese and place under the broiler until golden brown and bubbly.
Then, top with some micro greens (this is just to make us all feel better about the sheer amount of carbs happening here) and serve! Bonus, they reheat really well. So feel free to pack these up for lunch the next day!
- 1 loaf ciabatta bread
- About 3 cups leftover pasta (I used this recipe)
- Olive Oil
- Black Pepper
- Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 cup shredded Jack cheese
- ½ cup microgreens
- Preheat the oven to Broil.
- Drizzle the olive oil and balsamic onto the bottom side of the sliced ciabatta and top with freshly ground black pepper.
- Add the leftover pasta and top with the shredded cheese.
- Place both halves of bread onto a baking sheet and place under the broiler for about 2 minutes, or until the cheese begins to bubble and is a light golden brown.
- Top with microgreens and slice into sandwich-sized pieces!
- Serve immediately!