If you noticed, I didn’t post as I usually do on Thursday. Whelp. Let’s just say I’ve had quite the week. I hate to start off a Friday post with a rant….but let me just get this out of my system and we can move on. Cool?
So basically, my hard drive crashed. And I learned the hard way that when you only use one external hard drive for literally e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g, when it dies you basically lose everything. So after speaking with the Apple Genius Bar (shout out to those guys for dealing with what was a very emotional moment) and then speaking with the actual company who makes my device (my passport by WD) I basically learned that there is nothing they can do. And so I walked away in tears knowing that I had just lost thousands of photos. Oh, and my heel broke.
Yesterday was tough. And so that’s why I haven’t been posting because I just had all of my shoots deleted (big breath) but luckily I still had this one on my camera’s memory card, which is amazing because guys this is the best pasta I’ve ever eaten in my ENTIRE life! It’s seriously fettuccine on crack and here is your warning, it’s addictive.
You basically throw everything into one pot (just brown the meat beforehand) and let it cook its way to perfection. From start to finish, I think this took me about 15-20 minutes to put together? And seriously, I should have made a double batch cuz this stuff is gone.
Now, unfortunately this isn’t one of those insanely delicious recipes that only looks bad for you. This baby has its fair share of cheesy, carby goodness. But after a bad day, or week isn’t that what we all need?
So let’s celebrate that it’s Friday! Whip up a batch of this pasta, turn on your favorite show and just remember that it’s the weekend!
Have a great one!
- 2 Italian sausage links
- 1 tbs olive oil (minced)
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ box fettuccine pasta
- 1 jar of marinara sauce (I used a slightly spicy blend)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded Jack cheese
- Basil for topping
- In a large oven-proof pot, add the olive oil, minced garlic cloves. Heat over a medium heat until the garlic is fragrant.
- Using your hands, push the meat from the sausage casings out into a bowl and, using your fingers, separate into small bite-sized chunks.
- Add to the pan and allow to brown on all sides.
- Once finished, add the marinara sauce and heavy cream into the pot and stir to combine.
- Add the pasta (I broke mine in half so it would fit) and bring to a boil.
- Cook for about 8 minutes, or until the pasta is cooked through.
- Pre heat the oven to Broil (I used the low setting)
- Remove the pot from the heat and sprinkle with the Jack cheese.
- Place under the broiler until the cheese has melted and turns golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and stir together.
- Serve warm!