I can’t believe it’s already 2018! To start things off, I thought I would share a super simple, yet healthy, recipe to ease us all into whatever new year’s resolutions we may have made.
This warmed spinach and orzo salad has so many goodies like; cherry tomatoes, freshly grated parmesan, garlic, mozzarella, and pan roasted carrots it’s honestly easy to forget how healthy it is for you! It’s THAT good!
After all the treats I’ve had these past few weeks, this was a much needed infusion of vitamins! And it keeps well in the fridge, simply warm the spinach right before serving and you’re good to go!
Oh, and it’s made in less than 20 minutes! Seriously you need to make this!
- 3 cups cooked orzo pasta (make according to box instructions)
- About 5 cups uncooked spinach
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- Fresh mozzarella (I used about 2 balls per serving)
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan (i used a vegetable peeler to make those nice big flakes)
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- The juice of 1 lemon
- 4-6 Small carrots
- In a sauté pan, add the garlic and 1 tbs of the olive oil and heat until fragrant over a medium heat (1-2 minutes).
- Add the spinach and cook until wilted (be careful not to over cook).
- Remove the spinach and set aside.
- To the same saute pan, add the carrots and cook until tender (about 10 minutes over medium-high heat)
- Add spinach to cooked orzo along with the cherry tomatoes, mozzarella, parmesan and olive oil and mix until well combined.
- Serve warm alongside roasted carrots