Hello! I wanted to pop-in and share this amazing recipe with you guys. It’s fresh, simple and pretty easy to prepare (if you prepare the beets ahead of time, the entire salad is assembled within 15 min). I used fast cooking farro for this recipe and used chicken broth to give it some added flavor.
- 1 cup farro, cooked (i used chicken broth for added flavor)
- 3-5 fresh black figs
- 2 beets, cooked ( I boiled mine for about 25 min)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 4-6 balls of fresh mozzarella
- 2 tbs fresh micro greens (optional)
- 1 tbs fresh basil, minced (optional)
Lemon and Olive Oil Dressing
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 3 Tbs Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Combine dressing ingredients and whisk well.
- Slice the beets into small wedges
- Slice the figs into quarters
- Add the beets, farro, figs, parmesan and mozzarella into a large bowl.
- Add in the dressing
- Toss well
- Add micro greens or fresh basil as a garnish and serve immediately