Happy Friday! I am so excited for this Memorial Day weekend and can’t wait to hang out with my family and spend sometime in the sun!
And with all of the craziness of getting ready to move I think Stephen and I could use a few days of down time. So I am going to keep today’s post super short.
I have been wanting to try spiralized vegetables for so long but never have because 1. I don’t have a spiralizer and 2. I haven’t been able to convince the husband that it’s a necessary purchase (weird, right?). So, imagine my surprise when I was wandering through Whole Foods and found a container of pre-spiralized zucchini! Basically the perfect solution for any of you who want to try out the whole spiralizing trend without having to buy another kitchen gadget.
And because I like meals that really require the least amount of work (let’s be honest, cooking a gourmet meal while working a full time job is not always possible/realistic) I love that this meal is both simple and healthy (and is not a salad).
It has pan roasted red potatoes, freshly grilled corn, sundried tomatoes, green peas and polenta. Basically, it’s a powerhouse of nutrition and the perfect meal to up your veggie intake without breaking the bank (or your back).
No go and have an awesome/relaxing Memorial Day weekend! You guys deserve it!
- 3 cups spiralized zucchini (I bought mine pre-spiralized from Whole Foods)
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tomato, sliced into bite-sized pieces.
- 2 ears of corn
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbs. sundried tomatoes (packed in olive oil)
- 4-6 small red potatoes, halved
- 1 package of polenta, sliced
- In a large grill pan, add the corn and drizzle with olive oil and a pinch of salt.
- Cook for about 15 minutes, turning every so often, once finished, remove the kernels and set aside.
- In another pan add the polenta and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook for about 5 minutes on each side over a medium-high heat.
- Once cooked, transfer to a plate and add the sliced potatoes along with some salt and olive oil to the same pan and cook for about 10 minutes or until they are tender.
- Once the corn is finished, add the peas and the minced garlic, along with a drizzle of oil, and cook for about 3-4 minutes or until tender.
- Add in the spiralized zucchini for about 2-3 minutes, or until warm, and then remove from heat.
- Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl and toss together to combine.