First of all, Happy Cinco de Mayo!I know it’s a tradition mostly celebrated here, in the United States, but it’s always fun to have another excuse to eat some delicious Mexican food! Sadly I don’t have any Cinco de Mayo recipes to share today (my lovely hard drive crash made sure of that) BUT I do have these incredibly delicious popsicles!They are so easy to put together, simply throw the ingredients into a food processor and blend together then place in some popsicles molds, freeze overnight and you’re all done!
Besides being gorgeous, they are the perfect frozen treat as temps begin heating up! And my favorite part, they are sweetened 100% naturally!
So go ahead and eat 3 or four, you can rest easy knowing that you’re doing your body good.
- 2 cups fresh (or frozen) strawberries
- ½ cup natural grapefruit juice (or juice of your choosing)
- ½ cup water
- 2 tbs. honey
- 4 slices of strawberry
- ¼ cup blueberries
- To a food processor, add the strawberries, grapefruit juice, water and honey and blend together until completely smooth, you may need to scrape the sides of the bowl a few times (about 5 minutes).
- To your popsicle molds add one slice of strawberry to each (tilt the mold so that the strawberry slice stays put), and add a spoonful of the strawberry puree at a time.
- As you are adding the puree, place at least 3 blueberries in between each spoonful (I place mine on the edges of the mold so they would peek through.
- Once each mold is full, add your popsicle stick and place in the freezer for at least 4-5 hours.