It’s FRIDAY!!! And I don’t think I’ve been this excited for the weekend in a long, long time.
To be honest, I had a cake recipe all ready to share, but decided that I should probably slow down with the dessert recipes. With the crepe cake, last week and the chocolate chip & pistachio meringue cookies this week, you guys are probably in sugar overload! But with Easter coming up, my mind has admittedly been solely focused on bright, sweet, treats.
Seriously, you should see my Pinterest right now. I have been pinning nothing but pastel colored marshmallows and egg shaped everything haha it’s becoming quite the addiction.
But since I’ve been kind of stumped as to what recipes you guys would like to see here on, I figure it is about time I ask all of you! So what do you say, what kind of dishes would you like to see?
Healthy recipes? More desserts? Any dishes you’re dying to try? I want to hear all of your amazing ideas! Even if you simply want to see more gluten-free, or vegan dishes! I’m all ears 🙂
So, to help cleanse our collective palettes, I decided to make us all a warmed spinach and vegetable salad topped with a lemon and garlic vinaigrette! And it is just the infusion of vitamins I needed!Plus it helps that this salad is completely delicious! And it takes about 10 minutes to throw together! Simply chop up the ingredients, warm in a pan, top with the vinaigrette and serve!
Now go have the best weekend ever!
- 5 cups spinach
- 3 cups kale
- 2 handfuls of green beans
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 yellow zucchini, chopped
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 1 avocado
- 2 lemons
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- To a food processor, add the juice from the lemons and the garlic.
- While blending, add the olive oil and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Set aside.
- In a pan, add the kale and spinach along with about a tbs. of olive oil. Cook for about 2-3 minutes or until the greens begin to wilt.
- Place in a large bowl and set aside.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, asparagus and the green beans to the same pan and cook until the tomatoes are blistered and the asparagus is tender (about 3-4 minutes)
- Add the greens to each serving bowl then top with the tomatoes, asparagus and green beans then drizzle with the vinaigrette.
- Slice the avocado and add to each bowl.
- Serve immediately.