Ah Mondays, they get me everytime. To help us all get through, here is a fantastic way to start your day. With dessert… for breakfast.
Now, I should explain, this isn’t your average parfait. In fact it’s much, MUCH better. This is a vanilla infused chia-seed pudding, layered with a creamy chocolate coconut cream and sprinkled with pomegranate. I mean, right?! And not only is this an extremely decadent treat, that will help you forget you have 4 more days until the end of the work week (sorry, guys), it’s also packed with protein. Which is why you shouldn’t feel bad about having it for breakfast, or lunch (or both!).
Oh, and it’s incredibly delicious (just ask Stephen, he ate TWO of these)! Plus, look how cute these guys are!
Yeah, you guys need these in your lives. Besides, who doesn’t want a “power-up” treat that tastes even better than it looks.
- I. Pudding
- 1.5 cups chia seed
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2 cups light coconut milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 tsp. sugar (I used normal, but you can use any sweetener of your choosing)
- II. Coconut Cream
- 2 cans whole coconut milk (refrigerated overnight)
- 2 TBS. cocoa powder (I used dark ghiradelli)
- 1 TBS. powdered sugar (again, you can use any sweetener of your choosing)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 Pomegranate (de-seeded)
- The night before, combine all of the pudding ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Leave in the refrigerator, along with the two cans of coconut cream, overnight.
- The next day, 10 minutes beforehand, put a medium-sized bowl in the freezer along with the beaters to a hand-mixer (the coconut cream whips better if chilled). Then add ONLY the cream from both cans (this will be at the top of the can, simply scoop out the cream leaving any clear liquid behind). Mix on medium-high for 3-4 minutes or until soft peaks form. Add the chocolate powder, vanilla and sugar and gently fold together.
- To serve simply layer the pudding and chocolate cream, sprinkling pomegranate in between layers, and serve immediately.