So today’s post has about a million (8) photos, so if you’re here just for the delicious recipe, go on and scroll to the bottom. I promise, I’m not offended 🙂With our impending move (why is time flying SO fast?), it’s crazy how fast things are changing around our little home. Because we are only taking our car and a small trailer, we have been slowly selling our furniture piece-by-piece. And, on Tuesday, we finally sold my Jeep (the car that saw me through college, 3 cross country trips and Stephen and my first years of marriage) and man was I surprised by how sad I felt handing over the keys! Normally I’m not a sentimental person at least, not when it comes to material things (growing up moving every few years does that to you) but, for some reason this week has hit me like a sucker punch to the gut.
And when I was brainstorming recipes for you guys, I realized I needed a little bowl of sunshine to help remind myself how truly lucky I am. I mean, we get to start over in a few months! That is actually so exciting (I have a penchant for interior design) AND we are talking about purchasing our first home and I am already creating SO many mood boards on Pinterest for how I want to decorate it (also, if you haven’t heard of chairish, get yourself over there NOW! Think, curated Craigslist). Basically, I think what I’m trying to say is that moving is tough.
I’ve done it so many times and being ripped away from a life you know and love is never fun, BUT I also know that we will love our next home. And that we will build friendships with the people we meet there and everything will work out.
But enough about me, you guys want to hear about this delicious pasta! It really is so delicious and is the perfect dish for summer (is it weird that I’m saying that in May?). It is filled with grilled corn, sliced cherry tomatoes, feta, and a creamy pesto (made even creamier with the addition of avocado!).
I mean, look at all that beautiful, bright, yumminess!
And of course, if you are going to eat a pasta with such a delicious sauce, you need a good crusty bread to soak up any extra!
- 1 box organic spaghetti pasta (or pasta of your choice)
- ½ cup reserved pasta liquid
- 2 cups packed basil
- Avocado Pesto
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 avocado
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 ears of corn, shucked and cleaned
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbs. feta
- To a large pot of boiling water, add about 1 tsp of salt and cook your pasta according to package instructions.
- Reserve ½ cup of the pasta cooking liquid and set aside.
- Add the ears of corn to a grill pan, and brush with the olive oil.
- Cook over a medium heat and rotate until all sides are slightly golden and tender. (about 20 mins total)
- Using a knife, cut the kernels off the corn and set aside.
- Add all of the pesto ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Place the pasta into a large bowl, scoop the pesto onto the pasta and toss to combine.
- Top with tomatoes, corn and pesto then serve!