Well friends, Italy is even better than I had hoped. We are off to Florence tomorrow, then Positano/Amalfi Coast on Friday. I have had more gelato than I care to admit, and my pants may or may not require a second pair of hands to get buttoned, but it’s totally worth it!
I can’t wait to get back and try to recreate some of the recipes for all of you, but in the meantime I have this INCREDIBLE galette! It is seriously so easy to make (you can even use store bought pie crust if you’re short on time) and is one of the best desserts I’ve ever made.
It has only 4 ingredients (not counting the ones in the crust); apricots, nectarines, a touch of brown sugar, and honey. Simply roll out a large circle of dough, then add the fruit in the center, sprinkle with the brown sugar and honey then fold the corners gently around forming a shape similar to the one above. Then brush with an egg wash mixture, and bake until golden brown and perfect (about 35 minutes)!
***Also, if any of you have any recommendations for me in Florence or Positano, I would LOVE to hear them!
- 1 pie crust (I prefer this recipe)
- ½ cup sliced apricots
- ½ cup sliced nectarines
- 2 tbs. brown sugar
- 1 tbs. honey
- Fresh whipped cream (optional)
- 1 egg whisked
- Preheat the oven to 375
- Roll out the dough for the galette nice and thin, and in about an 8 inch round shape.
- Add the fruit to the center of the dough and sprinkle with the brown sugar.
- Fold the edges of the crust gently around the fruit (see the above image for how it should look, but keep in mind, this is a very rustic pie so it doesn't need to be perfect!).
- Using a pastry brush, brush the crust with the egg wash and place gently on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle with honey and place in the oven to bake for about 35 minutes or until the crust is nice and golden brown.
- Serve warm with fresh whipped cream!