Today is all about brunch.
I know it’s Thursday, and we still have one WHOLE day until Friday…. but I’m hoping this stuffed French toast recipe will help tide us over. I mean, let’s be honest, the idea of waking up to this on Saturday morning is just enough motivation to push me through this next day and a half.
Besides, you can use it as a Mother’s Day pre-run. This way you can get your French toast style down before the big day and you get to eat all this deliciousness, twice! That’s a pretty big win, my friends.
Also, it helps that this french toast takes all of 15 minutes to throw together. Not that your mom doesn’t deserve an extravagant breakfast, but this is really the perfect option for those of you who want something impressive and delicious without having to slave away for hours and hours.
Simply slice the challah bread, making a small incision at the bottom for the filling, fill with the creme fraiche and jam, then dredge in the egg mixture and cook until nice and golden brown!
Then whip up some fresh whipped cream and serve topped with maple syrup and fresh berries!
Trust me when I say your mom will love you for this, especially if you offer to do the dishes afterwards 😉
- 1 loaf challah bread
- ½ cup jam of your choice, (I used my cherry chia seed jam)
- ½ cup creme fraiche
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbs. sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbs. sugar
- Maple Syrup
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- Slice the challah bread into about 1-2 inch slices (make sure they are extra thick)
- Turn each slice over and make a deep incision at the bottom so that you can insert the filling.
- Add a spoonful of jam and a spoonful of creme fraiche to each slice of bread. Wipe away any excess
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, cinnamon, and sugar and whisk to combine.
- Place a large pan over a medium-high heat
- Dredge each slice in the egg mixture then place into the pan.
- Cook for about 5 minutes on each side, or until crisp and golden brown.
- In a large bowl add the heavy whipping cream and beat with a hand mixer until soft peaks form.
- Add the sugar and beat to combine.
- Top each slice of challah bread with fresh whipping cream and blackberries.
- Drizzle with maple syrup and then serve immediately!