Oatmeal (especially the steel-cut variety) has always been one of my favorite breakfast staples. Something about its hearty, chewy texture and warmth makes me feel like snuggling up with a book all day. With that image in mind, summertime and oatmeal don’t always seem mix, but when I saw these figs at the market I knew I wanted them for breakfast. Luckily, I had oatmeal on hand and immediately thought mixing the two. What I love most about this recipe is how fast it comes together. After cooking the oatmeal, all that’s left is to choose your toppings and eat!
What makes this oatmeal special, is the addition of coconut cream and almond butter. The coconut cream adds more depth to the oatmeal, and the almond butter gives this breakfast real “staying-power”. You guys need to try this!
- 1 cup Cooked Steel Cut Oatmeal (I found mine at Trader Joe's)
- 3 TBS. Heavy Coconut Cream
- 3-4 Blackened Figs (or fruit of your choosing)
- ½ Banana
- 1 Tbs. Honey (For drizzling)
- 2 TBS. Almond Butter
- Cook oatmeal according to package instructions.
- In a bowl, combine the cooked oatmeal and the coconut cream.
- Cut your fruit, and layer it as you see fit.
- Finally, drizzle with honey and almond butter!