Happy Friday! Hopefully you are all surviving the post holiday slump (and the awful cold that’s been going around) because today’s recipe is all about packing in nutrient-rich foods in a delicious format to help support immune systems and keep us fueled.
Being pregnant has made me hyper aware of how I’m fueling my body, and meals like this help to ease my mind that baby (and me) are getting all the nutrition we need while satiating my ever-growing appetite.
And most of this salad can be prepared the night before, giving you more time to do more important things than worry about lunch. My one recommendation is to click over for the recipe to the corn-flake breaded chicken (pictured below sans the Sriracha sauce). It’s a bit time-consuming as you have to coat each bite-sized piece in corn flakes, but not overly so! And seriously are such a win. I made a huge batch a few days ago and we have had them for almost every meal.
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- ¼ red onion, diced
- ½ can black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ can corn, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup chickpeas
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup, halved cherry tomatoes
- Avocado Cilantro Lime Dressing
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup cilantro
- ¼ cup coconut cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- The juice of 1 lime
- About 3 tbs. water or until smooth
- Preheat the oven to 375. Add the cubed sweet potato to a parchment-lined baking sheet and lightly coat with olive oil. Season with salt and bake for about 30 minutes or until soft.
- Meanwhile, add all of the dressing ingredients to a blender and pulse until completely smooth. Set aside in the fridge to chill.
- Once the sweet potato is cooked, add the chopped romaine, black beans, corn, cherry tomatoes, red onion, and chickpeas to a large bowl and toss together (if serving immediately add in desired amount of dressing). Top with sliced avocado!