How has everyone’s week been? Hopefully you have had a second to step outside and enjoy the good weather! One of my favorite things about summer are the cool summer nights, and I have to say I am going to be sad once fall rolls around. But enough about that… let’s talk about today’s recipe which is ALL about the chocolate!
And even though summer tends to lead to thoughts of fresh fruit, I am such a sucker for dark chocolate that I couldn’t help but share this with you! And it’s amazing!
I’m sure you each have your own version of “rocky road”. Some kind of fudgey treat packed with a mixture of nuts and or marshmallows. But what makes this version different is that it uses coconut oil instead of butter, and a mixture of 60% cocoa bars with semi-sweet!
And the coconut oil makes this rocky road extra smooth and creamy. Exactly what you want from an indulgent treat.
And it’s pretty darn easy to make, too! Just melt together the chocolate and oil (either in the microwave, for 30 second increments or on a stove top), add a layer of chocolate to a well oiled 8×9 pan (I used a generous amount of coconut oil), top with marshmallows and crushed cashews, then add another layer of chocolate and repeat!
So simple to throw together and it takes only 20 minutes to fully set! So you can get to eating this indulgent dessert sooner.
- 16 oz. 60% cocoa bars roughly chopped (I used ghiradelli)
- 16 oz. Semi-sweet roughly chopped (I used ghiradelli)
- 9 tbls. coconut butter
- 3 tbls. corn syrup
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup cashews, crushed
- In a large heat-proof bowl, add the coconut butter and corn syrup and heat in the microwave for about 30 seconds(or until the coconut butter has completely melted).
- Add all of the chopped chocolate and stir together.
- Place back into the microwave for about four to six 20 second intervals, stirring each time until the chocolate is almost completely smooth.
- Remove from the microwave and continue stirring until all of the chocolate is smooth and creamy.
- Butter an 8x9 pan with coconut butter.
- Add a layer of the chocolate mixture to the pan until the bottom is completely covered.
- Top with about ⅓ mini marshmallows and crushed cashews.
- Add another layer of chocolate and repeat.
- Once you have added the final layer of chocolate, use a small spatula to swirl together all of the layers and evenly distribute the ingredients.
- Top with another layer of marshmallow and cashew then place in the freezer for about 20 minutes.
- Once firm, remove from the freezer and cut into bars.
- Serve immediately (best if let out to thaw for a few minutes until soft) or keep in the fridge for up to a week.