Hey, guys! In case you are wondering where today’s recipe is, I have some bad news. I came down with a pretty bad case of the flu yesterday and spent my entire afternoon in bed watching Christmas movies. I’m just praying that I feel better by tomorrow or at least by this weekend because being in the DR with a stomach bug would be a special kind of Hell. So cross your fingers for me! Anyways, because I hate to leave you guys hanging I decided to compile a little holiday gift guide for that person who always seems to be telling you about the newest restaurants or your friend who feels lost without their camera grasped tightly in their hands (guilty on both counts).
For the foodie:
1. Because what’s better than having an incredible dinner delivered to you door, give them a subscription to Blue Apron. I especially love that they only send the exact amount of food you need according to family size, so you never end up wasting leftovers!
2. And in case Blue Apron doesn’t appeal to you, here are 11 other monthly subscription boxes for foodies! (My personal fav, Nature Box)
3. The most amazing looking strawberry pie filling! $18
4. This coconut jam. $12
5. In case you’re in charge of a white elephant gift this year, or simply want to be amazing, here is a Bacon Kit so your friend can make their own! (confession, I kind of really want this) $22.
6. I am always underestimating the amount of spaghetti I need. This tool is the perfect solution! $7.50.
For the photog:
2. I’m dying over this gorgeous leather camera bag! It fits a DSLR camera and up to three lenses. ($349)
3. Because photographers are always in need of more memory space here is a cute camera USB $20. And if you’re looking for something more practical with tons of space, here is the external hard drive I use $69.99.
4. For the budding food photographer ( or pro) my absolute favorite book Plate to Pixel: Digital Food Photography & Styling $19.85.
5. The cutest photography mug!! $16.00
6. If you’re looking to spend a little more, here is the Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 I have had my eye on! $399 (this lens is perfect for portrait photographer OR food photographers. )
7. And the best gift you can give a photographer, their work in print! Here is a fun website to make gorgeous prints of instagram photos! $12 for a set of 24