Can you guys believe we are just two weeks away from Thanksgiving?
How exciting is that?! I mean, I could do without all of the Christmas music and decorations that have already taken over my local mall but, the holiday food? I’m totally good with that. And, because one of THE best parts of Thanksgiving is the food, I have decided to dedicate this entire week on TBC to meals that will be perfect for your holiday table! First up? Herb-butter roasted potatoes!
Potatoes have always been one of my favorite vegetables. As a kid, I would beg my Mom to make mashed potatoes all the time. I just couldn’t get enough! Now, because I know that most of us have a “go-to” mashed potato recipe, I decided to share a different way to have potatoes on your table this year. Specifically, thinly sliced golden potatoes coated with herbed honey butter and roasted to perfection. I know. They’re insane. And these babies are so easy to make. I promise. All that is required is a bit of chopping, a quick pulsing of butter, herbs and honey in the food processor then throw it in the oven for about 40 minutes are you are done! Now, the trick to getting these golden brown on the outside and soft on the inside? Placing them in the oven at 375 uncovered for 20 minutes then adding 1/2 cup of chicken broth and covering with aluminum foil so they can steam and get soft and tender and serve them up with some turkey and gravy!
And it helps that these guys are totally gorgeous, too! Who wouldn’t want a bite of these buttery, golden brown potatoes ? (Hint, there is only one answer to that question).
- 6-8 thinly sliced golden potatoes (use more or less depending on the size of your pan)
- ½ stick butter
- 1 TBS. honey
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ½ cup chicken broth
- Preheat the oven to 350. Thinly slice the golden potatoes, then arrange them in your dish starting from the outside in. (Pro tip: To get them to look uniform, after slicing start arranging from biggest to smallest. To help with this, I excluded the end pieces.)
- Once your potatoes are arranged, pulse together the butter, honey and rosemary in the food processor. Spread the butter in between the slices of potato the sprinkle with sea salt.
- Place in the oven for 20 min uncovered.
- After 20 minutes have passed, add the ½ cup chicken broth and cover with aluminum foil and bake for an additional 20 (or until tender).