Well, that title is a mouthful.
But I felt obligated to include every word simply because this oatmeal was too good not to. I mean, double dark chocolate oatmeal AND dark cherry chia seed jam? It’s almost too good to believe, and trust me, it tastes just as good as it sounds.
I mean, look at that drizzle (<—- insert heart eye emoji here). Now, this does take a little bit of foresight (at least if you want to make the jam) but that is all downtime you can spend doing something else, like catching up on your fav show (is anyone else excited about the return of Orphan Black?)! To actually make the oatmeal takes all of 15 minutes and once you combine the cherry puree and chia seeds, all that’s left to do is let it sit overnight and get delicious.
What I like to do is make a batch of the jam/ oatmeal the night before and simply warm up the oatmeal in the morning! That means that I can eat a seriously healthy breakfast without spending more than 5 minutes and for those of us who work (or simply don’t have a lot of morning time, aka everyone) that is important.
Honestly, I am so excited for you guys to try this! It is the perfect balance of health and indulgence, and what makes it even better is knowing that while it tastes like brownie it is also crazy good for you! Chocolate oatmeal for the win, friends! Now go kill this Monday! You’ve got this!
- 1 cup thick rolled oats
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbs. chopped dark chocolate (I used 70% cocoa)
- 1 tbs. honey
- 2 tbs. unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- Chia Seed Jam
- 2 cups frozen cherries
- ½ cup cold water
- 3 tbs. agave (Adjust according to taste)
- ½ cup chia seeds
- To make the jam, simply combine all of the ingredients (except for the chia seeds) in a food processor/blender.
- Pulse together until completely smooth and creamy (about 5 minutes).
- (Taste to make sure it's sweet enough, if you prefer sweeter simply add more agave)
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in the chia seeds. Leave in the fridge for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Cook oatmeal according to package instructions (I left out the salt)
- Once cooked, transfer to a large bowl and add the chopped dark chocolate, cocoa powder, and honey and stir together until the chocolate has completely melted and is well distributed.