Wow, it’s been a while. Life with a baby ( Isla is now 6 months old!) has been wonderful, chaotic, and definitely all consuming. I wish I were better at multi-tasking but, for now, I will keep posting when I can. Thank you for continuing to follow along with my increasingly sporadic schedule haha. I have always loved sharing with you and I really appreciate the support :).
Today’s post is actually a twist on my favorite chocolate chip recipe ( I get asked for this recipe all the time) and inspiration struck one day and I decided let’s go all out and put in all the chocolate.
They are chewy, filled with chocolate chunks in every.single.bite (a requirement for my cookies) and have a touch of sea salt sprinkled on top just to add some depth.
I mean, come on. Look at that chocolate! It’s seriously so decadent. And this recipe makes quite a few so I like to bake half and then freeze the rest (I just scoop the cookies out onto a parchment-lined baking sheet then freeze and transfer to a ziploc when frozen. So easy).
These are the perfect cookie to share with a friend or neighbor and they are always a hit.
Let me know if you try them! I know I’m making another batch today because they are seriously so addicting.
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 3 sticks butter (room temp)
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 TBS vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 5 cups flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- 2 packages of dark chocolate chunks, about 20-24 0z (I love the ones from Trader Joe's)
- About 4 tbs fleur de sel ( optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, cream together the brown sugar, white sugar, and butter until fluffy. (about 2-3 minutes)
- Add vanilla then add the three eggs, one at a time.
- In another large bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda.
- Combine with the sugar and egg mixture, being careful not to over mix.
- Add in the chocolate chips.
- Using an ice cream scoop, fill up a cookie sheet 3 across and 3 down (they spread out so make sure there is plenty of room between cookies)
- Sprinkle with fleur de sel (optional)
- Bake for about 13-15 minutes.